EcoSmart - Eco System of the Smart City
The purpuse of EkoSMART program is to develop a smart city ecosystem with all the support mechanisms that are necessary for efficient, optimized and gradual integration of different smart city areas into a unified and well connected system of value chains. The program focuses on three key smart cities pillars; health, active life and mobility, and is strategically linked with municipalities and other important smart cities domains, such as energy, smart buildings, citizen involvement and engagement and smart communities. EkoSMART introduces universal architecture of the smart city that is based on selflearning and self-optimizing agents which can find a common Nash equilibrium between inhomogeneous sources. This architecture allows the realization of smart city concepts, such as interoperability, adaptability, self-configurability, open data, semantic interoperability, and integration of social capital. In terms of the economy, the vision of the EkoSMART program is to enable Slovenian smart cities innovations and products to enter the world market. This vision will be achieved through the following major approaches: the concentration of critical mass of knowledge and experience, focus on the user, evolutionary development, and flexible architecture.
In comparison with other initiatives, the EkoSMART program is distinguished in the following ways:
- emphasizes electronic and mobile health and mobility as the pillars of smart cities,
- introduces modular, self-configurable, self-optimizing, flexible adaptable, and intelligent universal architecture,
- intensively develops and implements new ICT methods and concepts, such as Internet of things and artificial intelligence, for technology development and human society growth,
- is based on high quality consortium of advanced partners, thus being also strategically linked to the programs of the smart home and health,
- places strong emphasis on smart specialization - the introduction of interconnected citizen, technology, and market value chains.